Sunday, May 03, 2009

Another great weekend

The weather was awesome again this weekend! Nothing too crazy happened, just a mellow weekend. How great was the Kentucky Derby? Amazing!!! This is the one sporting event that I get excited for. Love the horses, the hats and it's over in a couple minutes. Beautiful. What's not to love? I was rooting for General Quarters (it was a nice story), Dennis wanted Chocolate Candy (I think he was just hungry) and my dad wanted the Nile, whatever his name was, he can pick a horse! I really bugs be that in today's paper there was only a small article about the winner. He ran an truly amazing race, so what if he's not a millionaire and the owner drove his pick up truck to the race while smoking Marlboro Reds and blasting country music and drinking cheap coffee (I'm guessing, he just seems like a down to earth redneck). It should have been front page news!!

( I don't know why the typeface changed)

Sunday I mowed my parents lawn for the first time this year, always a good sign! Then Alicia and I took Ben to the playground at the Fort, man was he cute on that swing, it was his first time:) But I forgot my camera:( I'm such a a bad auntie, I made it up to him later by switching the kitchen light on and off, it's so easy to entertain a one year old, well, 13 months, he's so big!

Here are a few pics from the Fort on Saturday. I was a bit irritated when we pulled in, there was trash in the picnic area, who the hell litters in the Fort? Come on now! Fort Williams is by far one of the most beautiful parks in the state and it's free! We picked up as much as we could before the locked us in (the park was closing) actually, there's a new gate and you can't get locked in, so fancy.




This could have been a great family photo if I opened my eyes!

My handsome suitor.


The Mansion looks haunted in this light.


Happy

Serious.

I could take pictures of waves all day.


Keeda with her new ball and our new oven!

1 comment:

Shelley Harvey said...

I love your photos!

And I love Mine that Bird! Hooray for 8 being my lucky number. I made J put a bet on 8, and we won lots of $$!!!

Love you Sarie!