Monday, March 02, 2009

Weekend in the Country

We went up to the country this weekend. Pat, Dennis's brother was supposed to join us but he couldn't get a flight. We left Saturday morning, we never seem to leave on time when we go up there. The ride up was kind of ridicules, we made a few stops near the mall, I hate the mall especially on Saturdays. When did the turnpike go up to a dollar? News to me, I gave the dude 60 cents and started driving off and he yelled at me. Yes, I'm one of the 5 people in the world with out EZ-Pass. We got there eventually.

It was Eileen's birthday and we got her these glass balls that you fill with water, you know, the ones on TV. Well, they look cool but I'm not sure they actually water the plant! Then we helped his dad install a new light in the dining room. Yeah, that was fun. But it looks awesome! Later on we went out to eat at this cute little restaurant near them.

We had a good time, it was really nice to get away. I have pics but I got rid of roadrunner a my house because we're getting it for free soon!

Last week was supposed to be Dennis's last week of training but since there were so many lines down from last Monday's storm they had him stay here and work. Today he thought this was going to be his last week and he packed his bags, again and got up at 4:30, again and it was cancelled....AGAIN! So annoying! I'm really looking forward to a normal schedule!

No comments: