Saturday, January 03, 2009

RIP Cooper

Ol' Cooper passed away yesterday. He was Dennis's parent's dog, they got him when Dennis lived in Arizona then he moved to Hawaii then to his final resting place in the mountains of Maine. The other day they came home and poor ol' Coop couldn't move so they took him to the emergency vet and found out that he has a basketball size tumor in his stomach so they had to put him down.
There's nothing sadder than the look on a boy's face when he finds out that his dog died.

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR

My best friend closed his eyes last
night, As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through
my head, As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door!"

--- Jan Cooper --- 1995

2 comments:

Shelley Harvey said...

I'm so incredibly sorry. This brought tears to my eyes. Send our love to Dennis.

-L said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. It made me teary as well. Poor little guy :(